So this time, it me (Michelle) writing this post, I even sort of came up with the idea of the challenge this time around. Relax! You might be surprised how not like me this challenge is going to be.
When I was in elementary school at the end of the year the teacher would give me a list of books for us to read. We didn’t have to read them all just as many as we could. The idea of it was to just get you to read. See where I am going with this?
There is two ways to do it this time….
- The first is just COYER. READ ALL THE BOOKS. That’s right…this time around you can read whatever. Any price, any format as long as it is acquired legally. From the start of the challenge to the end just read/ review as much as possible. Super Simple.
- Summer Reading List….This way has a read-a-thon that goes with it. I will explain it all below…follow me to the rules.
- Challenge starts on June 17th Midnight (your time zone) and ends September 8th. Review link closes on September 9th.
- You can read any format of book; Ebook, Physical, Audio, KU, Library, Borrowed, etc.
- You must create a sign-up post anytime between now and August 1st on blog, goodreads, fb, google+, etc.Yes, that means you can sign up until August 1st! Make sure to state whether you are doing the regular COYER or the Summer Reading List
- You must link that sign-up post below (don’t link to your blog, link to the sign-up post).
- You must review books somewhere & link the reviews to the review linky to be eligible for one of the two grand prize giveaways.
- If you want to join the Summer Reading List. Make a list in a Goodreads Shelf or your Blog of 30 books that you want to read. You must pick 30 and you must link it in your sign-up. This is your summer reading list (you do NOT have to read all 30 books, don’t panic) (the books added to your list must be books that you already have)
- You have from now until June 17th to make the list, when COYER starts you can not change the list. For every 5 books you read, you can add 5 more to the list (this is for all you mood readers). You can read as much as you want from the list. If you only read one, that is totally fine you can enter the giveaway at the end stating you only read one.
- The last grand prize giveaway will be how many books you read from your list. The giveaway widget will have levels of books with points the more you read from your list the better chance you have at winning.
- Have Fun!
There will be three grand prizes. Two of them will be from the review linky and the last one will be from the Summer Reading List Challenge. If you’re doing the Summer Reading List Challenge, you’ll also be linking each book you read to the linky. You can absolutely do a combination – a few books from the list and a few books not on the list!
Super simple! We also have one more thing that goes with the Summer Reading List if you decide to participate in that…
Each month during the challenge we will have 3 read-a-thons for those participating in the Reading List part of COYER. During a read-a-thon you are only allowed to read books from your list. The read-a-thon will start on a Sunday and end the following Sunday. At the end of each read-a-thon one random winner will be picked for a $3 Gift Card to Amazon. Full details will be posted in the Kick off post in ourFacebook Group, so please be sure to join the group. We will also post in Twitter so make sure you follow COYER on Twitter.
- Read-a-thon Dates are
- June 25th – July 2nd ~ read only ebooks
- July 23rd to July 30th ~ read only physical books
- August 20th to August 27th ~ read only audio and ebooks
Social Media Games
As always, we’ll be having lots of fun in our Facebook group! Be sure to join us if you haven’t yet.
(please note: we will no longer be giving out prizes for social media games)
- Monday – What are you reading? With Michelle. What are your reading goals for the week?
- Tuesday – Tease Me with Stormi. Give us a couple sentences from your current read.
- Wednesday – Would you trade places? With Berls. Tell us who you would switch places with from your current read.
- Thursday – I spy with Stormi. See if you can guess what cover Stormi has her eye on.
- Friday – TGIF with Michelle. How’d you do this week?
- Saturday – Questions with Michelle. She loves stumping us, see what she’ll ask this time!
- Sunday – Announcements. We won’t be doing update posts on the blog this time. Instead check in the FB group for weekly winners
We’ll also be having 3 Twitter Parties with Prizes! Make sure you’re following us on Twitter and using the hashtag #COYER. We’re trying a variety of times, trying to get those who always have to miss in on a party! Mark your calendar for:
Friday, June 30th @ 6pm EST – Berls will host this Twitter party to help get our Engines roaring & talk about summer fun!
Saturday, July 15th @ Noon EST – Stormi will host this halfway checkpoint twitter party! Let’s celebrate our wins so far and gear up for part 2!
Sunday, August 20th @ 4pm EST – Michelle will host this final twitter party! Congratulate each other on a great time and give feedback /ideas for our next challenge.
Our Instagram challenge, brought to you by Michelle, will be in August this time. 31 days of picture, book, and summer fun. Look for details in July. (Prize for this will be a $5 Amazon Gift Card for the winner)
Grab the Button
All you need to do to sign up is make a post declaring your intent to participate sometime between now and August 1st. This post can be on your blog, Goodreads, Facebook, etc. Just link it up below! If you are joining the summer reading list make sure to add that to your sign up post.
It's that time again to COYER. READ ALL THE BOOKS but with a twist 😉 Sign Up now! Click To Tweet